Monday, March 26, 2012

import html string into sql database

Hi guys,

Here is the html string that I want to transfer it to another variable so, I can post it to my sql server database

<span style=\""font: 12px arial; color : #000000; text-decoration : none;\""><br>MODEL- USB01000C01CL VENDOR- ACTIONTEC ELECTRONICS<br> <br>FEATURES- VoSKY Chatterbox for Skype<br> Plug-and-Play Speakerphone for Skype!<br> VoSKY Chatterbox from Actiontec is the go-anywhere speakerphone <br> solution for Skype! No software or special drivers required. Simply <br> plug your VoSKY Chatterbox into any computer and you are ready to <br> start talking! <br> Make Skype Calls on a Speakerphone Plug Chatterbox into your <br> computer, and make or receive a Skype call as you normally would. <br> Then talk to your Skype contacts, hands-free and without wearing <br> headsets! <br> You do not need to download any additional drivers or software. Just<br> take Chatterbox, plug it into any computer, and you are ready to <br> go! <br> Chatterbox offers superb sound quality with the latest technology in<br> full duplex audio, DSP-enhanced sound quality, and echo <br> cancellation. <br>* Verified by and certified for Skype <br>* Replaces your headset/microphone <br>* Small, lightweight device goes anywhere you go <br>* Full duplex speakerphone with adjustable volume and mute control <br>* DSP-enhanced sound quality <br> <br> -- SPECIFICATIONs -----------<br>CONNECTORs - (1) USB 2.0/1.1 port<br> (1) 2.5mm Headset Jack<br>INDICATORS - LEDs for Ready, Microphone Mute<br>FUNCTION KEYS- Volume Up, Volume Down, Microphone Mute <br>SPEAKER - 1w peak, 40 mm, 4 ohm, 120 Hz to 6 KHz, 120 dB <br>MICROPHONE - Voice pick-up range up to 4 meters <br>APPROVALS - FCC, CE<br>REQUIREMENTS - PC running Windows 2000/XP with one available USB port. <br>DIMENSIONS - 7.7cm x 5.8cm x 2.1cm WT. 50 grams<br> <br><br>MANUFACTURER WARRANTY: 1 YEAR</span>

however If I just do;

dim myvariable as string = htmlvalueatabove

after importing the myvariable value to the sqlserver my asp.net detailview control only able to show only first 17 letters . Up until "fo"

I am sorry if I am not able to provide you clear question. I am so frastrated at the moment, after 6 coffie and 2 minutes bathroom break I can't write anymore. I will shutup and wait for one you and respond.

thanks

Cemal

SQL Server treats an single quote ' as a delimiter character so to properly store it in the database you have to use double quotes ''

|||

Thank you very much for trying to answer my question, Even though you might be correct on your answer for another user problem, in my case this was another story. I simply forget and defined the sql variable as 255 character lenght. All I had do was; go back to my sql stored procudure and change the limited character varibale to text.

afterwards everything worked out fine.

again thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment