Friday, March 30, 2012

Import Performance file into SQL Server table

I have Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SQL Server 2000
Enterprise with SP3A. I trying to set up a job to import
Performance Monitors daily into SQL Server table. How
would I set up Performance Monitor to stop at 7AM close
the present file, create a new file at 7:01AM start
collecting statistics. Then I will DTS file into a SQL
Server table.
This would be a very help to resolve this issue.
Thank You,
DanHi
You can schedule the start/stop of performance monitor from within Perfmon
itself. This also allows you to run a script when you close it.
John
"Dan" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:265b501c46109$08226bd0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> I have Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SQL Server 2000
> Enterprise with SP3A. I trying to set up a job to import
> Performance Monitors daily into SQL Server table. How
> would I set up Performance Monitor to stop at 7AM close
> the present file, create a new file at 7:01AM start
> collecting statistics. Then I will DTS file into a SQL
> Server table.
> This would be a very help to resolve this issue.
> Thank You,
> Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment