Monday, March 26, 2012

import HTML table into SQL table

Hi Everybody,
I need to import a table from HTML into a SQL table using VBScript. I
can figure out how to get to the correct table tag using a regular
expression, but I don't know how to import the column values into a SQL
table.
Also, how do I stop when I get to the end of the HTML table? There is
an unknown number of rows in my HTML files, but always four columns.
As always, thanks for the help.
Eric BragasUse vbscript and write the content of the html table to a csv. Then it would
be a piece of cake to bcp/import the table into sqlserver.
-oj
"Eric Bragas" <ericbragas@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1126539668.829200.142170@.g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi Everybody,
> I need to import a table from HTML into a SQL table using VBScript. I
> can figure out how to get to the correct table tag using a regular
> expression, but I don't know how to import the column values into a SQL
> table.
> Also, how do I stop when I get to the end of the HTML table? There is
> an unknown number of rows in my HTML files, but always four columns.
> As always, thanks for the help.
> Eric Bragas
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment