Friday, March 30, 2012

Import schema into SqlExpress

Hi all,

I've got a PostgreSQL schema, how can I import it in SqlExpress?

What's the best tool for administering Sql Express.

Thanks,
LorenzoHi

I am not a Postgres expert, but if there is a way to generate the DDL
(CREATE TABLE scripts) you could use that and modify any syntax that is not
SQLExpress compliant. Alternatively you may be able to reverse engineer the
database with a CASE/design tool such as Visio/Erwin/ER_studio etc... and
use that.

For specific questions on SQL Express you should ask in the express
newsgroup
http://communities.microsoft.com/ne...ver2005.express

John

<lbolognini@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1117710946.423920.164950@.g44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
> Hi all,
> I've got a PostgreSQL schema, how can I import it in SqlExpress?
> What's the best tool for administering Sql Express.
> Thanks,
> Lorenzo|||John Bell wrote:
> Hi
> I am not a Postgres expert, but if there is a way to generate the DDL

Hi John,

yeah I got that. found out there are some command line tools that
should do the job just fine, then I could mantain it allright from
Visual Web Developer

> For specific questions on SQL Express you should ask in the express
> newsgroup

Thanks, didn't know about that, I'll post there from now on

Lorenzo

No comments:

Post a Comment