Wednesday, March 7, 2012

import AS to BID project - how to change cube storage location

After import of AS database to a new project I need to change the cube storage location because it probably points to a location on the server that is not valid in dev.

How can I change the cube storage location in the project (not from management studio)?

Regards,

Right click on the project in the solutions explorer window. Select properties and later deployment.

Regards

Thomas Ivarsson

|||

Thanks for your ansver.

In solution explorer properties I can change the project path - but - I can't see how I can change the storage location of the cube?

My problem is that I can't deploy my project after import of AS database to a new project.

Any ideas are welcome.

Regards,

|||

You can change the name of the database under server in the deployment option?

Thomas Ivarsson

|||

Yes - but it is the storage location of the cube - not the name.

|||

I understand. In the management studio you can right click the cube(properties), after deployment, and change the storage location property. You also have a datadir property for the whole SSAS2005.

I have not changed these properties myself so I do not know about any problems. I have not found any settings for this in the BI-Dev Studio.

Edit:I have. Right click the cube in BI-Dev and choose properties. Change the storage location for the cube.

Regards

Thomas Ivarsson

|||

Well - no.

I have tried that - it does not help.

My problem is that I can't deploy and I suppose it is because my project (after import) can't see my dev AS db.

In prod SQL server is installed at E:\...

in dev SQL server is installed at C:\... on 2 different boxes.

Do you know if you can create a project with the import AS template from the server and then move then project to my laptop to do dev?

Regards,

|||

Sorry. Back from the golf course.

I have tried the same thing without any problems. You say that you are unable to deploy the solution, it is not about file directories. You cannot deploy with standard settings?

Do you have security roles in your imported project that does not match the location /server that you would like to deploy to?

Next, are you using a network share for your data folder, like \\server\logicaldisk\program files ....?

Regards

Thomas Ivarsson

No comments:

Post a Comment