Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Import Cobol files

Hi all,
I have a customer that needs to transform his old Cobol app into a VB or ASP
app.
I'm stuck here with his product listings that are all in .cob (cobol) files,
how can I import those into SQL or Excell ?
Thanks for your help
Manu
You cannot.
You will need a tool that translates the COBOL commands into VB or ASP.
There are a few companies out there that have that kind of a tool set you
might look at www.californiasoftware.com
Andrew C. Madsen
Information Architect
Harley-Davidson Motor Company
"Emmanuel Baeyens" <emmanuel.baeyens@.microplanet.be> wrote in message
news:ud3ZonlcEHA.4092@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
> I have a customer that needs to transform his old Cobol app into a VB or
ASP
> app.
> I'm stuck here with his product listings that are all in .cob (cobol)
files,
> how can I import those into SQL or Excell ?
> Thanks for your help
> Manu
>

No comments:

Post a Comment