Friday, March 9, 2012

Import Data Error- Insert Error

I'm trying to use the import wizard in a database
conversion. I get 1 error in this process that states...
--
Insert error, column 23 ('PAY_PERIOD',DBTYPE-DBTIMESTAMP),
status 6: Data overflow. Invalid character value for cast
specification.
--
The tables are there after the conversion. The data is
not. During the import wizard process, I can preview the
table and the data is in the columns. Only when I go to
convert does it lose the data.
If it was the columns that were the problem, I'd re-
program the code. But I need this data transfered over.
Please HelpI'm guessing this is caused because you have some invalid data in your
PAY_PERIOD field in the input record. You need to review your input data
and verify that all data in the PAY_PERIOD field do in fact contain valid
dates. One option would be to put the data into a temporary table where the
PAY_PERIOD is just character data. You could then review the PAY_PERIOD
column in the temporary table and fix up any data that is not a valid date.
Once all the data is fixed you can then insert the data into the target you
desire from the temporary table.
--
----
----
--
Need SQL Server Examples check out my website at
http://www.geocities.com/sqlserverexamples
"Steve" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1ca4501c45324$26b7bc00$a601280a@.phx.gbl...
> I'm trying to use the import wizard in a database
> conversion. I get 1 error in this process that states...
> --
> Insert error, column 23 ('PAY_PERIOD',DBTYPE-DBTIMESTAMP),
> status 6: Data overflow. Invalid character value for cast
> specification.
> --
> The tables are there after the conversion. The data is
> not. During the import wizard process, I can preview the
> table and the data is in the columns. Only when I go to
> convert does it lose the data.
> If it was the columns that were the problem, I'd re-
> program the code. But I need this data transfered over.
> Please Help

No comments:

Post a Comment