Monday, March 12, 2012

import data from excel to SQLserver

Hi all!

I need to import data from excel file to SQLserver. What is the best way to do this?
Please give as much explanations as possible (code example would be very-very helpful).

Any ideas are wellcome.
Thanks.The best way to do this is DTS = Data Transformation Service. Use the Wizards in SQL Server. It can't be more simple than that.

Greetings,

Mark|||Mark,

Thank you for your answer.
How it could be done if the server is on a remote computer? I use some hosting service - is it still possible to use DTS or something like this?

Sorry, if my problem is too simple for you. I am new to .NET, so everything is still difficult to me.

Thanks for help.|||Hi

Another alternative, is not the best one, very raw solution ...

write the script to connect to excel, read from excel and insert into sql server ...

No comments:

Post a Comment