Monday, March 12, 2012

Import data from Excel?

Hello,

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I am loading data from and I want to prevent SSIS from making assumptions about the data contained within the spreadsheed and to just treat every column as a string (i.e. Unicode string [DT_WSTR]). How is this done?

I know I could do a conversion once the data is loaded, but I am wondering if there is a way to specify this in the Excel Source settings without having to add a Data Conversion task to the Data Flow.

TIA...

As far as I know, this cannot be done. You are allowed to set data types in Flat File Sources and delimit them by a comma, though.

Maybe you could export the excel file to comma delimited and then import as a Flat File.

Just a suggestion,

Mark

https://spaces.msn.com/mgarnerbi

|||

You could experiment with the following settings:

Hkey_Local_Machine/Software/Microsoft/Jet/4.0/Engines/Excel/ImportMixedTypes

No comments:

Post a Comment