Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Import Column HELP!!

I have expended all my energy on "Import Column" Can someone please tell me how to properly configure the object. The documentation at MSDN is clear as MUD, see http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141262.aspx. No examples and everything I try generates a verification error.

I have a table named GifFiles:
GifFileName varchar(250),
GifFile IMAGE

All I want to do is process each record and read the file in GifFileName into GifFile. Import Column SAYS it does that.

Thank youUmm, what is the error exactly?|||Thanks for the reply.

I found the problem. Hidden in the "Input Columns" deep down at the bottom of properties is the "FileDataColumnID" which I needed to set to the Output var, I created.

This is NOT intuitive and not documented anywhere in MS that I can find. As well as, why isn't there a drop down list of output vars to select instead of remembering the ID. And while I am at it, why is it on the INPUT instead of the OUTPUT, which I MUST CREATE. It would make more sense to have the Output Var point to an Input Column. End of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment