Friday, March 9, 2012

Import data from Adaptive Server Anywhere 7 DB

My client has a custom app using a Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere 7 DB
backend. I need to regularly extract read-only data from a couple of
tables in this database and I would have thought it would be simple to
setup a System DSN for this purpose, however I am finding it difficult
to locate an appropriate ODBC driver, without having to pay Sybase a
large fee for the privilege. I have never used any Sybase before, what
should I do?

Cheers,

StephenYou can Google for free Sybase clients/ODBC drivers, if that's what you
need, although I don't know whether or not any of them would be
suitable for you. Alternatively, look at it the other way round and ask
the client to export the data to flat files, so you can import it into
MSSQL.

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment