Monday, March 12, 2012

import data from excel data sheets

Hello

A problem with my replication system as occured.

I have a working SQL server that can do replication trough internet, everyting works

The problem is when I try to import large amount of data (10000 rows) to my database on the SQL server

the subscriber on my client don't get the rows. That will say imported data is not being replicated.

only rows that i have manually inserted will be replicated.

I used the import wizard that came with SQL server.

Is there a solution to this problem?

tap, tap is anybody here

some kind of reply would be nice.

|||are you using merge or tran replication? If merge replication, you might have to import into a staging table and then bcp/bulk insert into your replicated table with the proper settings. i.e. bcp.exe/bulk insert has a "fire triggers" switch/setting that needs to be set so that the merge triggers will fire, and then yo have to run some other proc. you can search BOL for "merge replication considerations" to get more details.|||

Thank for reply

I am using merge replication

Is there any tutorials how to use bcp/staging?

By the way what is bcp?

|||

Did you search for "merge replication considerations" in books online? You should have come up with a topic similar to this, which I know applies to SQL 20005. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms151206.aspx

If you're using SQL 2000, I'm pretty sure the same thing applies.

You can read about bcp/bulk insert in Books Online as well, just search for it.

|||

Ok

Thanks

|||

Hi

Thanks for a VERY god response

I imported data to a yable and ran sp_addtabletocontents and Yeeeaaaa everyting is working.

My import is a one time import before deploying my application so I am happy with this.

Best regards KK

No comments:

Post a Comment