Monday, March 12, 2012

Import Data on 2005, Many Errors

I have a client who we moved to our new web server and sql 2005 server from a sql 2000 server. I detached the database from sql 2000 and attached it to 2005. I also just set the compatibility to 2005 also.

My client used enterprise manager to import data into the tables on the sql 2000 just fine. Now using the SQL Management Studio, importing the same table produces all kinds of error, truncation errors, etc.

I have played with a bunch of the settings, did the "Suggest Types" options, but I still just get a bunch of errors. It seem to get it to work I have to go in on the columns of the flat file i am importing and change EVERY COLUMN field to match the table i'm importing too. That is just too much work.

I basically have a 2 record text file i easily imported to sql 2000. but importing into sql 2005 proves to be a *** load of work! Aren't products supposed to get better with future releases? What am I doing wrong?

I've tried the sql native client and the oledb sqlserver client and get the same results.

Any ideas?

Hi, so your Launching the Import/Export Wizard from Mgt studio?

Is it a delimted file, fixed width, variable row length...

What are some of the errors you are seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment