Monday, March 12, 2012

Import data option not visible

Hello All,

I have created a database on my local machine using SQL Server Express 2005. I am trying to export data from an excel file into a table in this database but when i see tasks available for the database there is no option of import data like I assume there should.

Only the following options are visible.

Detach

Shrink

Back Up

Restore

Generate Scripts

Any solutions on how I can get my excel file into the table.

Kiran

Import / Export is not included in the Express edition.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/features/compare-features.mspx

|||

Ohh.

Then would my only option be to download a different version like SQL Server compact.

Thanks,

Kiran

|||

Kiranvukkadala wrote:

Then would my only option be to download a different version like SQL Server compact.

No, only SQL Server Standard, Developer, or Enterprise editions. Read the link John provided.

|||

Would any of these editions be free to download from Microsoft. I need only a test database on my machine which uploads tables through excel files. If there is a workaround with express edition it would be great as I already downloaded that version.

Thanks,

Kiran

|||Nope. None are free. Sorry.

The developer edition is only $50 (US) though.

No comments:

Post a Comment